We envision a world where people are connecting across differences and resolving conflict nonviolently and collaboratively - not through the use of violence, force or coercion, but instead by connecting with our common humanity and engaging our compassionate nature.
A world, where people find creative and interactive ways to transform their conflicts through a process of communication that connects us across differences in gender, age, race, sexual orientation, religion and political beliefs. A world where peace, mutual respect and compassionate relationships are the norm.
Compassionate Nonviolent Communication
promotes a compassionate world where everyone's needs matter
- Offers life-enriching tools to create an environment where people use communication to exchange the information necessary to resolve their differences peacefully.
- Emphasizes emotional intelligence over intellectual analysis by providing a life-changing way of interacting that facilitates the flow of communication with a focus on universal human needs by employing emotional intelligence in expressing what’s going on in people.
- Raises the bar for communication by relying on objective observations rather than evaluations.
- Avoids making people defend themselves from value-laden judgments by employing clear requests in place of demands.
- Allows everyone to get their needs met on
their own terms without coercion, fear of
retribution, or loss of self-esteem.