Ways to Get Involved
- Attend one of our public workshops to learn and experience Compassionate Communication with a skilled trainer.
- Volunteer by hosting out of town guests who are attending our events, or help with the bookstore; or help set up and tear down at one of our workshops. We would enjoy hearing your ideas as well!
- Make a tax-deductible financial contribution to support our mission to promote peace, eliminate violence and work through conflict in our community.
- Ask about our Resource Groups and offer your hands-on help in an area such
as Outreach, Marketing, Fundraising, or Volunteerism.
Contact us here and let us know how you would like to get involved!
We are often invited to attend community festivals, networking events and neighborhood association meetings. In order to participate in all of them, we are seeking volunteers to pass out literature and speak with people about the benefits of Compassionate Communication. These events vary in time and include weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekends.
Hosting out-of-town visitors for our public events
Our public events regularly attract people from out of town, and sometimes these visitors appreciate staying overnight with local people, both to conserve financial resources, and also to experience community. Do you have the ability to host overnight guests(s) in your home or in a property you own, and if so please let us know!
Introducing Compassionate Communication at your workplace
We want to share the principles and practices of Compassionate Communication into organizations in every sector in Central Ohio, including health care, education, criminal justice, social service organizations, corporations (large and small) and many others.
If you are a decision-maker at your workplace -- or if you have access to one -- please contact us to explore how we can bring Compassionate Communication there.
We are seeking donations of the following items. (We are happy to provide a receipt for you to claim your donation as a tax write off.):
- Voucher for hotels and Bed & Breakfasts (for out-of-town visitors)
- Exchange of Venue space for training a group of your staff
- A fire proof file cabinet
- Items to Auction for Fundraising